“Inside Track with Gerry Borreggine”
How to Win With Your Website
Smart retailers are:
- Making their websites mobile-friendly.
- Updating their websites weekly.
- Using contests and giveaways to mine consumer data.
- Taking orders on their websites.
Consistent Messaging Matters
Keys to winning retail promotions:
- Strong call to action.
- Unique selling proposition.
- Expiration date for the sale.
Check Out Your Curb Appeal
A well-kept store tells consumers they are entering a well-run business.
- Do shoppers have a clear view of your store?
- Are messages in windows current?
- Is your sign illuminated at night?
Enhance Your Skills and Make the Sale with Subliminal Selling
Subliminal Selling Strategies
- To reach visual learners, show them key product features.
- To reach auditory learners, tell them what’s important.
- To reach kinesthetic learners, let them feel the key features.
Handling Negativity Like a Pro
When the competition goes negative, you should:
- Respond, not react.
- Be positive.
- Use third-party attributions to build credibility.
Elect This Holiday for Sales Success
As the industry returns to a holiday sales cadence, retailers should:
- Embrace Election Day sales.
- Offer private sales with direct mail invitations to stay under the radar.
- Use election terminology in ads: Elect to Sleep Better and Vote to Save.
Making a Personal Connection
How Retailer Mindy Nance Builds Rapport With Shoppers:
- She first asks them about their day, not their mattress.
- She introduces herself and asks shoppers for their name.
- She asks how they are sleeping.
Handling Multiple Customers
Retailer Trent Ranburger’s Tips on Handling Multiple Customers
- Always acknowledge a new customer before the door closes behind them.
- If you are working with a customer, excuse yourself for a moment to welcome another customer to the store.
- Invite that new customer to try out some beds and promise you will give them your full attention when you return.
Treating Customers Like Family
How Retailer Steve Houk Treats Customers Like Family
- He tells his retail sales associates to treat customers like their own grandmother, finding the best bed for them, regardless of price.
- He creates a no-pressure sales environment.
- He builds a sense of family by showing members of his own family in his commercials
Standing Out in the Marketplace
How Lil’ Trent Builds Rapport with Customers
- He promotes a fun environment in the store.
- He invites shoppers to take a selfie with him.
- He teams up with ‘Big Trent’ to make his store memorable.
How a Great Store Environment Grows Sales
How Australian Retailer Tony Coccia Builds Traffic
- Since customers shop with their eyes, he dresses his store up.
- He uses strong signage.
- He boosts sales by making shoppers comfortable.
Opening & Closing Rules for Retail Success
How to Open (And Close) for Success
- Always open early. The customer who comes in early is a serious shopper.
- Be ready for business when you open.
- Close your store on time, every time. Your family awaits.
Selling Sleep Accessories With Dave Perry
Three Reasons to Sell Sleep Accessories
- Science shows they contribute to better sleep.
- They add comfort for consumers.
- They build sales tickets for retailers.
“Inside Track” Full Contest Video and Details
Now is YOUR chance to be part of the next group of winners to share your ideas! Share your best one with us for a chance to win a trip to Las Vegas AND star in an episode of “Inside Track with Gerry Borreggine! Submit your idea at www.therapedic.com/contest before December 15 at 5 pm ED T. Watch the video for details.
A BIG Merchandising Mistake & How to Avoid It
Merchandising Three Dangers of Item Merchandising:
- It disrupts the flow of your lines.
- It hurts your ability to sell higher-end beds.
- It can cost you a sale.
Three Ways to Build Consumer Rapport
- Make sure your store is clean and well-lit.
- Make sure your store looks and smells clean. Aromatherapy, diffusers and candles can provide pleasing scents for the four seasons.
- Use music to create a positive, engaging vibe.