According to the 2023 National Consumer Rage Study (it says a lot that there is…
Up your marketing game with these ideas for holiday content.
Looking for clever ways to approach social media marketing this holiday season? A recent article from Small Business Trends shares seven fresh — and easily customizable — content ideas.
Reflect on your top posts of 2023, any exciting product launches or
accomplishments like certifications or awards.
Behind the scenes
Showcase an exclusive look at something customers normally don’t see, such as a time-lapse video of employees decorating the store for the holidays or an Instagram reel about the design and inspiration behind a new product.
Show off any exciting developments customers can look forward to in the new year, such as teasing a new store opening or collection.
Post quizzes on Instagram stories to increase engagement. These can be related to your products, just for fun, or a mixture of both.
Put together a holiday gift guide featuring your products with themes to appeal to specific customers. For example, “Gifts Ideas for the Light Sleeper,” might feature an eye mask, a sound machine and a new pillow.
Look at posts your company has been tagged in and any relevant hashtags to your business. Consumers often post product photos or videos, and reposting them is an easy source for new content. Plus, reposting content can help create brand loyalty and increase followers.
Do you have a standout customer story from the year? Perhaps your company went above and beyond, you changed someone’s life or you received a kind email or letter raving about your customer service? Consider turning it into a heartwarming, gratitude-themed post.
Want even more social media ideas? Aubree Smith, content strategist for social media management company Sprout Social, recently shared tips for tackling holiday marketing with Instagram.
- Share images and reels. Use high-resolution images with great lighting so that your products shine.
- Update your bio. Consider creating a free Linktree to house all of your relevant links (website, other social media, etc.) in the bio on your profile.
- Create shoppable posts. Make it easy for users to directly purchase products showcased on your account. See more tips here.
- Tap into UGC. By dipping into the archive of existing posts, user-generated content is an effortless way to create new posts and engage with the community.
- Give back. If your company plans to volunteer during the holiday season, be sure to share it with your audience to draw attention to the nonprofits’ mission and, hopefully, elicit donations. After all, this is a giving season.